Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Aurobindo's full name was not Rabindra Nath Tagore!

“But I thought you were a Rabindra Nath fan”

That was Richa when she saw a confused look on my face when she got me a Sri Aurobindo’s picture from Podicherry.

She though Sri aurobindo’s full name was Rabindra Nath Tagore!!

Rabindra Nath Tagore was a great poet, novelist, short-story writer, essayist, playwright, thespian, educationist, spiritualist, philosopher, internationalist, cultural relativist, orator, composer,song-writer, singer, artist. Itz insulting when you call such a great person by a name, what is not his name. Knowing her, I did not take offence. She actually thought Boston Tea party was an actual party attended by the Democrats.

I remember her in college when we had anyone’s birthday celebration. She would be drawn by the smell of it. She was capable of snatching the cake from the birthday girl’s/boy’s mouth and chewing it in front of her/him

When she got placed she remarked- “I am so happy that I am not hungry.”

She ate anyway.

If I was asked to sum her philosophy of life, I would first pretend to think. Then would attempt to word it in the following sentence-

One shouldn’t be so attached to a cake, that he/she cant even eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment