Thursday, October 21, 2010

Life is not a measure of central tendency

I had a very interesting conversation with my friend-

Friend: How was your day at work?
Me: Average
Friend: huh?
Me: Look, if you add all the days I have worked and divide it by the number of days. Thats how my day was.
Friend: But......thats one....

Thats when it hit me. If I was to assign my life a number, atleast it should be plural. (Right now I am very tempted to pun on measured of central tendency like- 'Blog posts are a good MEANs to express when one is in an expressive MODE', but I will not).

Where does it end? If I try to move ahead of average, it would in turn increase my average, bringing me back to where I start.

Itz a fundamental mistake in the mathematical and physical laws of the universe- measures of central tendency including the entire number system and all calculation can only point to a relative truth.

Thats why I need a steeper graph.

No comments:

Post a Comment