Thursday, October 14, 2010

Captured in eternity

"Time alone is awake when all things are asleep"

These words are from Mahabharata, spoken by Sanjaya to Dhitarashtra. After the war, when the blind king is dejected and suicidal, Sanjaya reveals to him the secret of time which almost instantaneosly heals him of all his pain.

As I type this specific line, I am simply experiencing the details of writing this post in time. All my stimulations are broken down for me by moments continously interchanging past and the future in an unstatic manner as a concept in my mind. Time provides a dimention by which I can define space as being capable of change. It breaking down absolute truths into comprehendible ideas. It provides a background for my mind- to experience stuff.

"Time passes over all things without being retard........Time is incapable of being overcome."

Lets just hope no one ever tells me this.

Someone- "I could not finish the work as I had no time."
Me-"Are you telling me you could not finish the work because you lost all connections with the dimention of time thereby freezing your physical aspect into indivisibility of moments and the fact that you are captured in this eternal realm of emptiness has rendered you incapable of performing any task???"

I dont think itz an acceptable excuse.

4 comments:

  1. When an idea assassinates semantics, it is an exciting experience (albeit a cliched one!)

    But ah, send in the next set of words to die in the Colosseum! I seldom get bored of such brutality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Itz a choice of every reader to reduce ideas and humour to study of semantics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) :) :)

    But when the idea is an off spring of verbal notions... (refer: sanjaya or the dude with the excuses about lack of time), what then?

    Humour... :) :) that I won't comment upon... I was just drawing a mean of your average posts! :D If you know what I mean or even if you don't! :P

    Keyal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol!!!!

    Mr Srivatsava,

    Would a 'verbal notion' be interpreted by the usage of words in co-ordination with the thoughts of the speaker or the interpretation of the listener looking to affirm his mental jigsaw puzzle?

    For example- can you read this specific sentence from my perspective?

    Or this one!

    ReplyDelete