Monday, February 8, 2010

I am never confident about buying fruits

Some people over indulge themselves in buying fruits.

When I visit the fruit monger there would be people who act like fruit experts. They will press the fruit a little. Toss it like they are trying to feel the weight of the fruit. They will turn it around checking the colour all around it. They will select each fruit with so much care.

Although I have all due respect to those guys, I avoid eye contacts. I can feel their judging eyes when I stand there not touching the fruits I am buying.

Buying fruits make me feel dumb. So I pretend to understand fruits. I copy them. I act very choosy. I randomly pick up the fruits pretending a lot of thought has gone behind my selection.

In Gita (Chapter 18- Moksha Sanyas yog) its written-

"O Arjuna, when one ..............renounces all material association and all attachment to the fruit, his renunciation is said to be in the mode of goodness"

Well, atleast I only pretent to be attached to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment