Saturday, February 13, 2010

Catch myself sleep

I have made many unsuccessful attempts to catch myself sleep. I guess my unconscious will never get to meet my conscious mind!!!

I lie on the bed all aware of thoughts. I try to closely follow the chain of what I am thinking so that I can track my last thought before I get unconscious due to the sleep. It mysteriously never works.

I sometimes have another problem. I become aware of my thoughts and before I realise it, the awareness becomes my thoughts. The more I try to fight it, it gets more complicated. Well, I am fighting it out in my thoughts. I think about what I shouldn't be thinking and as the chain of thoughts progresses I loose track of the exercise.

How am I suppose to tell my mind not to think anything, without thinking?

To incorrectly quote Shakespeare (he said this in Latin)- "It is dream stuff we are made of."

Trust me, this one thought can change your life upside down in a fraction of seconds. Just like only when someone is woken up from his sleep and realises all he/she was dreaming is unreal (while asleep the dream seems real), life just could be a sleep where our every comprehension is a dream and therefore unreal.

Someone just might wake me up in some other world and I would stop dreaming, and everything as I shift my consciousness out cease to exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment