Monday, April 5, 2010

If only the still waters of the night could write.....

Finally I found a place to rest my mind.

Its a showdow of a forest reflected in the river that flows there. The flowing river stilled by the night. Just enough light to see the faded horizon. Life stands motionless, darkened and deactivated. Temporarily, the night beauty of the Malayali land of coconuts became the state of my mind. Is it the Periyar river, where the Malu girls get their eyes from?

A purple shade spread evenly throughout.

I searched for the reflection of the stars in the water. I searched for the forest by itz edge. I searched for the last signs of night, before morning light would break the silence. I searched for a destination for my eyes. I knew we were close to the sea and I was hungry for the seagulls meat.

Did the birds know it was night? Were the fishes asleep?

It was the kind of night sky that hides within itz vastness the truth from those who have false dreams under roofs of thatched hay and grilled window.

The magnitude of the stars brought loneliness. How could I carry the itz burden when they themselves had taught me insignificance. It felt like a vacumn where the dead goes in silence for a rest. Like a white flower blooming softly by the silver moon.

They say we should not live in the past or future. I was not even experiencing the present moment. I was experiencing the eternal in the motionless water.

If only the still waters of the night could write, I wouldn’t be chewing what I write with.

1 comment:

  1. amazing article.. a masterpiece... i always wondered the depth of his thoughts and the profoundness with which he brings abstract to reality like smoke over the morning hut..

    ReplyDelete