Saturday, April 10, 2010

How much should I recline on my chair to maximize productivity?

How much should I recline on my chair to maximize productivity?

I adjust it from time to time to suit my motivational level. It was before a month when I also realized I could adjust its distance from the ground.

I can run a maxima and minima test using calculus based derivatives to arrive at the ideal angle. Instead I use trial and error method.

Many physiological and seasonal factors derive my dynamic and ever changing relation with my chair. I sometimes give more importance to my relative angular elevation of my eyes to the PC than the comfortable placement of my hands so that it can move freely between the mouse and keyboard.

I feel like the master of the chair. With great power comes great responsibility. So I try not to be too comfortable.

No matter what I do my angle of recline will always be a supplementary angle (that is it adds up to 180*) to its adjacent angle. I guess complaining about universal and all pervading laws of physics is extreme pessimism.

Although I have full sympathies for people who are currently sitting on an ordinary chair, I feel blessed that Irevna gives me the flexibility.

I sit on the chair, looking back at what lead me to my seat. I feel the power. I feel the opportunities in different styles I can adjust the chair.

But unfortunately I also believe in destiny. That’s me surrendering.

No comments:

Post a Comment