Friday, December 11, 2009

No man can ever think of himself as non-existent

I have many useless thoughts including this specific one.

Are my thoughts really useless? What is the primary objective of thoughts?

Annie Besant (she is truly the master of fundamental thinking) said it was about defining yourself. All that is is defined by all that is not. So self can be defined by not-self. This not-self is in turn defined by thinking of things as all what I think, are merely thoughts. Thoughts cannot be thinkers.

To sum up knower is not the known by definition.

Knower, knowing and known are different. Thats how I define myself. Thats how I find my separation. Thats where my search for identity ends- by having useless thoughts.

Annie Besant made a very redundant statement-

"No man can ever think of himself as non-existent, or formulate himself to himself in consciousness as "I am not". "

Probably thats why I will never meet my death.

No comments:

Post a Comment