Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cant things be justified merely by their existence?


Lets take a hypothetical thing or a situation that exists because of itself.

Let me try to give you an example. If suppose I was in an office meeting and I suddenly asked the person next to me (it did not happen but I some day dream to)-

“Do you think a penguin can hold a stapler considering the stock options or washing machines?”

It would be like social experiment.
There is no reason for me to say such a thing. It would be an attempt to push the social conventions a little. If I was asked for a justification, I would simply argue that I said it because I said it. Is this argument acceptable as a default in our society? Social conventions and randomness have a very interesting relation.

Trying to trace back the cause of what I said would eventually lead to itself thereby dooming us in an ever going loop. On the logical level, to interpret its graphical representation (made in paint during office hours) would not require a lot of thought.

Think off-beat

No comments:

Post a Comment